Friday, July 25, 2014

Wedding Congratulations Card

I have a new wedding card today. I really need to invest in a new wedding stamp set. I feel like this one by American Crafts is the only one I have. Ugh! So I stamped the cake and topper on this blue fabric like paper. HERE is another card where I used the same stamp and paper. I fussy cut the cake and topper out and adhered them to a white cardstock Spellbinders die cut. 

 **I found the name of the manufacturer, it's Kiwi Embroidery Paper. It's kind of thick and fabric like paper. Fun stuff.**

The background for my card is I would say unique. It is a border stamp from the Stampin Up set Mosaic Madness. HERE is a link to see the set, which I'm sure many of you know because it's so popular and has been all over the online galleries and Pinterest. I used the first border and stamped them with black ink by Hero Arts. It looks way different, don't you think? I second guessed myself while making this post. Wait, What stamp set did I use? Anyway, it was kind of a guessing game in the beginning to line the stamp up but as I did about 4 rows I caught on to where I needed to place my stamp so the outside edges lined up to be a circle. The circle then makes a + sign which could represent a cross from the church, hence a wedding card. Kind of a stretch but you know, whatever works. I would have re-stamped the background because the bottom is all smooched up but I didn't have anymore of this color cardstock with me. So I put it at the bottom thinking your eyes are less likely to notice a mistake at the bottom then at the top. 

The sentiment is a pre-made die cut that I can't find the package to. Maybe I will find it and be able to update the post. 




Thanks for looking

Challenges:
http://leftofcenterchallenges.blogspot.ca/ Black and White Plus one {Blue}

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! LOVE the monochrome colors! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy this is such a pretty wedding card. I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART July linky party, Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com



    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's a fabulous card, love it! Thanks for joining us at LOC this week! mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week. Cindy-GDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty card. Love the monochromatic look. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving comments.
They lift me up and brighten my day.
Cindy