Monday, July 08, 2019

Manly Monday Buck Thank you Cards

So I had a friend ask to buy some thank you cards and after pulling out what I had, it was clear to me that I needed some masculine thank you cards. However, I decided not to include the sentiment on the front of the card in case I liked it for a different purpose. My friend likes to write her own message on the inside, which I do not, but it will be easy for me to stamp a sentiment inside as needed.
All of these cards are made with Deep Red Stamps with the majority from this
Season of Joy Stamp set
I think these cards are good examples of how you can use holiday stamps for something other than holidays.

In this first card, I inked my
Tree Bark Background stamp with multiple distress inks. I then sprayed with water and stamped it onto white cardstock. After it dried, I inked the edges and stamped the Tree stamp from Seasons of Joy stamp set over the background stamp on the right. 
I stamped the Buck Stamp onto white Copic friendly paper and colored it in with Copic marker. I then fussy cut the image out and went around the edges with a black marker before adhering it to the card with dimensional adhesive. Here's another place I found the Buck Stamp


Here's a picture of the background to show the tree stamp.

The second card has the same tree bark background just with different colors. I stamped the Acorns from the Seasons Of Joy set onto white cardstock and added the sentiment stamp, which is by Forever in Time.

Next card with a different buck stamp. I colored directly onto the rubber of this stamp with distress markers, huffed on it and stamped it onto white cardstock. The buck stamp is in the Seasons of Joy stamp set
I used my decorative scissors by Fiskars around the edges of the buck. These old scissors look like the edge of a postage stamp.

The same bark background is the second generation stamp from the acorn card. I like that it doesn't take away from the buck. Sentiment stamp by Forever in Time.

I did the same thing with coloring of the Deep Red Stamps Buck stamp with markers, huffed, stamped and cut it out with postage stamp scissors. I dry embossed kraft cardstock (Oriental Trading Co) with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.

Here is one more that isn't included in the group picture but it's so similar to the others that I felt including it here was the best option. 
I did some very quick watercoloring with Distress Inks and a paint brush. The background is same embossing folder as above but this time I lightly rubbed a Distress Oxide ink pad on top-Fired Brick. This buck stamp is not included in the Seasons of Joy set. Here is the link to that stamp.

I'm sorry this is such a long post but they are all so similar that if I stretch the cards out into one post for each card, I may get confused and possibly double post one of them.
Thanks for looking. It may be a few days until I post again but I'll be back.

No comments: