Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Fruity ATC cards

My cards today were for the ATC swap. theme: the color orange, primary orange. The tangerine chipboard is a clothing tag that I cut off the edges with corner decorative scissors and inked the edges orange. The background is a Stampin Up canvas background stamp. I stamped it onto orange cardstock with white Studio Calico paint. I inked the edges orange.

The yellow cardstock on the right side is by Paper Reflections.I sprayed the cardstock with orange Smooches spray by Clear Snap. Once it dried, I stamped a Hero Arts tropical leaves stamp on top using Tsukineko green ink, which I think is called bamboo leaves. It's faint but I like that. Then I randomly cut the edge off to keep the orange in site.

I cut up these Hawaiian menus that Grandma had saved from their cruise in 1985 to get all the little words. (Oh yes, she still had them) I adhered the words to the tag and outlined them with,a white Sharpie marker. The fruit stickers are by American Crafts/Amy Tangerine, the pineapple brads by Eyelet Outlet and the rhinestones from my stash.



The only difference between this second one and the rest is, I added some Spellbinders dies above the tag. It may have been to cover up a mistake. It was also stamped with the leaves stamp. 



Thanks for looking.