Friday, May 17, 2019

Layering Happy Birthday card

This card has many layers to it so here we go. All of the square die cuts including the label are by Spellbinders. The sentiment stamp and its ink are by Hero Arts. The background cardstock is by Coredinations/Tim Holtz and the sheer ribbon was a scrap.

The flower, if you would call it that, is a Sizzix stamp and die combo. I stamped it with pigment ink by Colorbox, let it dry and die cut it out with the matching die. I put the flower on foam squares before adding it to the rectangle. I'm impressed with how nicely the die cut came out. Usually, my stamp/die combos take a bunch of tries to get them aligned. 

The blue frame square was made previously, that's code for a really long time ago, and I kept it because there was a chunk of this background piece that was still a good size to use on a later project. Now why I kept the negative of this square die cut will never be known but to my advantage today the colors worked out well. The watercolor paper by Ranger was covered with powdered chalk mixed with water and an iridescent white paint all of which were by Stamp N Plus, a company I worked for but is no longer in business.


Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look at this long post for just one little card.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Cute card!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤