Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Rooster ATC

Today I have a rooster ATC to share. The word Rooster reminds me of the character in the 1980's version of the movie Annie. He was Miss Hanagan's brother. (I think that shows my age).

I have this honeycomb stencil by Tim Holtz that I thought it would be a great chicken wire look for my background.  I decided to do reverse inking where I put ink down on the stencil and put the paper on top of the stencil. I started with the ink Antique Linen but needed more color. I tried black soot and that was too much. Finally went with Hickory Smoke ink because it was visible but didn't take over the card like the black did. All the inks mentioned above are distress inks by Ranger.

I masked off the sky with a cloud punch by no name and applied Tumbled Glass ink to the top of the card and Antique Linen to the bottom, both with distress ink tools. The fence is a Doodlebug sticker that I didn't have enough to cover the ATC. I decided to cut it in half and place the rooster in between. You would never be able to tell if I didn't tell you. I added a Creative Imaginations sticker to the right side.



Thanks for looking
This was made in Oct 2016

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Yep! I remember "Rooster" too LOL.
Love the colours on this also a great scene and no I wouldn't have known about the fence!
faith x