Monday, September 23, 2019

Autumnal Equinox Day Fall Thank You card

Today is the Autumnal Equinox Day

I love this card so much that I may give it to my husband so it stays here. I explain how I made the background at the end of this post. The dry embossed leaves folder is by The Paper Studio. After it was embossed, I blotted the entire paper with Versa Mark ink. Then using a large makeup blush brush, I brushed the paper with gold Perfect Pearls powder. The frame is a Cricut die-cut and leaf by Gina Marie. The sentiment is by Fiskars. I inked some of the edges with distress ink.



The background of this card was made at a moment when I thought to myself,. "Hey, I wonder what this would look like?" I was inking backgrounds stamps with multiple colors of distress inks and then I would spray the stamp with water and get the ink leftovers inks onto a piece of cardstock. Well, I did that and then I would take that wet paper and put it together with another one on top of it. This is the back of a store-bought card which is glossy. I didn't know if the ink was going to stick to it. I used my heat gun on it and then just stepped away while it dried.


Thanks for looking.
UPDATED PICS ON 10-4-21

No comments: