Monday, November 29, 2010

Calendar layouts from the birthday girl

Well, 20 years ago today I was at a dance convention in Detroit with my mother. Why would I remember such a thing? Because it was my 16th birthday and I was mad that it was on a Sunday and I couldn't go get my license so my mom took me to this convention as a way to make up for it. Like it was her fault or something. lol. So fast forward 20 years and that brings me to today. I need to ask for one thing- my friend is in the hospital and is not doing well. As a birthday "gift" to me could you please say a prayer for her to heal or fight off infection and make a full recovery or for her doctors and/or medical staff to give her the best treatment for her to survive? Or for her to open her eyes and give her husband hope that he so desperately needs. Thank you:)
OK onto scrappy stuff................
This last layout is for a calendar I am making as a Christmas gift. Well, actually I am making several calendars so these pictures may show up again later next month with a totally different layout and papers. Supplies: patterned paper by DCWV; cardstock by Sunborn, stamps by Fawn Lawn, Hero Arts, and CTMH; punches by Martha Stewart and Fiskars; Die cuts by Cricut for Provo Craft and SpellBinders; ink by Versamark, Ranger, and Stampin Up; embossing powder by Stampendous; ribbon by Michael's

This second layout is one I did on Saturday at Sisterhood of scrap for a one-hour crop. It turned out ok considering it only took an hour. We had to include ribbon and rub-ons in our layout and sketch was by Helen. Supplies: cardstock by Sunborn and Scenic Route; ribbon by Stampin Up, chipboard and brad by Colorbok; ink by Ranger and Versamark; Rubons by Imaginisce and American Crafts; tag by Westrim; flower by Prima; stamp by Recollections; embossing powder by Stampendous; patterned paper by MME.

This first layout is for the challenge at American Crafts blog-Inspired by fall. You must use at least two American Craft products in your layout. Supplies by American Crafts: patterned paper, off white paper, burgundy paper, border stamp, letter stamps, ribbon. Other supplies: Leaf stamps by Stampin Up; Ink by Ranger; Ticket die by Tim Holtz; Jute by Lehigh; Hemp by Crafters Square; Orange paper by Creative Memories; Kraft paper is unknown. Sketch used by Jean Marie at Sisterhood of Scrap. I'm also using this LO for the challenge at Lasting memories-layering/3D effects. There are lots of layers of paper and the foam squares under the word "fallin" and under each leaf give the layout a lift.




That's all for now. Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Georgia Ehrmann said...

super layouts, of course prayers will be said for your friend and a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! I hope you have a relaxing day for you!

hugs,
Georgia

Denise Pustelniak said...

Fantastic LO's! Love the leaves and I will be MORE then GLAD to say a prayer for your friend!

Karen Wilson said...

Oh, these are beautiful. Love all the layering and 3D effects. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!