Friday, December 9, 2011

Fabulous Friday Fun 12-9-11

Don't forget to check out my post where you use a Fabulous Friday Fun tip or product for a chance at a fabulous prize.

This week for Fabulous Friday Fun I am continuing on with last weeks projects using Liquid Pearls. I came up with so many examples of ways to use it that I had to break it into two posts. HERE is last weeks post and on to this weeks post.

I have these large flowers that are not paper but more like a Mulberry paper but a little bit stronger. For the first idea I used the White Opal and a rubber background stamp by Hero Arts.


I sprayed a blob of Liquid Pearls with water and painted it onto the stamp.



I placed the flower on the stamp and pressed down onto the stamp. This is the fun look that I got.


The second flower I painted with just white opal Liquid Pearls. After it dried I used platinum pearls mixed together with a couple drops of ink from a Ranger Industries re-inker, color aged mahogany, on wax paper.




I used my paint brush to mix the two together


Then I added more Platinum Pearls to make the mixture thicker.



I painted the petals of the flower lightly with the mixture to get the following look.


Combining the flowers together along with a circle die cut and an epoxy sticker I layered them on to a journal box. Here is a close up of the flower. I like the way the Liquid Pearls add color and texture to the flowers.



For the third flower I used the same mixture as above on a clear background stamp.



Here I painted the background stamp.  


Place the flower on top of the stamp to transfer the image. 


Here is the flower after being stamped.


The stamped image didn't transfer completely but I was able to use the flower on a card.
Using a snowflake sticker and a rhinestone for the center I was able to hide the imperfection.


There is another Liquid Pearl aspect to this card. I heat embossed snowflake stamps using clear embossing powder. I wanted to see if the Liquid Pearls would resist an embossed image. Adding a few spritz of water to the Liquid Pearls and painted the patterned paper. 


Thankfully the sun was shining the day I took these photos. You can really see the snowflakes pop off the paper in these shots.


Well that's all I have for you today. I hope you have enjoyed the different ways to use Liquid Pearls.



2 comments:

  1. Cindy, Cindy, Cindy, WOWZAS! This is an awesome technique with a beautiful end result!
    I am sitting here laughing my butt off right now because I left a silly comment at IDIC thinking I was at your personal blog. I hope they don't mind my sense of humor over there. Anyway, I got my supplies today and can't wait to try one or many techniques you have shared over the last few weeks!!!
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Can you use the Perfect Pearls in place of the liquid pearls you used here?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving comments.
They lift me up and brighten my day.
Cindy