Thursday, May 14, 2015

Butterfly Congratulations

I have a lot of pink card for you today. As you know I love this butterfly stamp in pink by Deep Red Stamps because I've used it HEREHERE, and HERE

I stamped the butterfly on to Recollections white cardstock with Versa Mark ink and heat embossed it with silver Hero Arts embossing powder. I also embossed another one with different embossing powder to see which one I thought covered and embossed better. With the better embossed butterfly, I used a blending tool and distress ink {Worn Lipstick} to create an ombre effect. Then fussy cut it out and sprayed it with water mixed with Perfect Pearls to give it some sparkle. I cut down the other butterfly image and inked the edges of the cardstock. 

The card base is 4 x 5 1/2 pre-made by Recollections and I adhered a border die cut sticker by Crate Papers to both sides. The patterned paper is from a stack however I bought it at an outlet store and it had no cover on it to identify the manufacturer. It's thin paper which makes me think it's not DCWV. Anyway, I adhered the patterned paper to the center and then I taped the other butterfly to the top portion. Then I added a gem by Eyelet Outlet to the left lower corner and a sentiment sticker by Karen Foster below it. I adhered the ombre butterfly on top of the other butterfly with foam adhesive by EK Success.





15 comments:

Denice said...

I can see why you love this butterfly image, it's gorgeous and makes a stunning card! Thanks for linking up at Loves Rubberstamps this week, good luck! Hope you can join us in more of our weekly challenges.

Donna said...

Very pretty butterfly! Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for our M is for Monochromatic Mama challenge!!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Very pretty. Thanks for joining the SoSS Monochromatic Mama challenge.

Karen Schroeder said...

Love the butterfly! Thanks for joining in the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for the M is for Monochromatic Mama challenge!!

Lindsey said...

I can see why you like that butterfly -- it's beautiful! And gorgeous on this card. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Very pretty Cindy and I love the gorgeous colour. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxx

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

Beautiful Butterfly card. Thanks for joining us for the Monochromatic Mama challenge at the Sisterhood!

Vic said...

Stunning butterfly...love the colours you used for this pretty card! Thanks for sharing with us at Glitter n Sparkle... Vic, DT x

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

What a gorgeous image, I agree I'd use it all the time!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Loves Rubberstamps, hope to see you back soon!
Jennifer, DT

Anne Temple said...

Lovely butterfly and card. Great color choice too. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

Lori Turner said...

That is one gorgeous butterfly!! Love the colors you chose to create with it as well - thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday

Crafting Suzie's Creations said...

Lovely card thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy Challenge hugs Sue DT xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card card Cindy, thank you for sharing with us at Whoopsi Daisy this month, best of luck xxx

Lin said...

What a stunning image. Just perfect for our challenge.

Thank you so much for sharing in our 'Things With Wings' challenge

Lin
Dream Valley

Crafting Vicky said...

soooo pretty! Love the colors you have used.

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Top Tip Tuesday. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.