Saturday, May 02, 2015

Deep Red Pink Chalk flowers

My card today uses a flower stamp by Deep Red Stamps. Unfornuately this stamp is a little bit harder to find. The only place was at Oozaks. The stamp is called Dianthus Chalk Flowers

So I heat embossed the flower with Versa Mark ink and Ranger Platinum embossing powder, Then I color the flowers in with Peerless watercolors with water and fine tip brush. I die cut the image out onto white cardstock by Recollections and a Spellbinders fancy rectangle die that I inked the inside with Ranger distress ink, Spun Sugar I think.

I placed my green cardstock down and started to load it up. The first layer is  pink piece of paper by Studio G that is embossed with a Cuttlebug swirly embossing folder. Next layer is the image it self and in the lower left corner there is a Sizzix die with a Pebbles sentiment sticker on top. Below the image I added a row of Washi Tape but I felt it need a little bit more to work with t embossing powder color. Hear is my solution; I placed a row of adhesive on each side of the washi tape. I took off the release paper and added some silver glitter to the exposed tape adhesive, I returned the release paper to the now glitter tape and burnished over the release paper with w bone folder, I repeated on the other side as well. What this does is keep the glitter o the adhesive and not over everything else like a boy. My husband hates glitter, smh.

Anyway, to get back to the card, I had these Recollectionsglitter dots in different colors. They were on sale at Michael's and I got them all. It was on! and I won-lol. I thought three was fitting for this lovely thank you card. 



The stamp is called Dianthus Chalk Flowers



Thanks for looking.

No comments: