Friday, May 01, 2015

Sassy Ladies in Steampunk today

This month at Sassy Studio Designs I'm on the Facebook group and this month is steampunk. The image you see below is free to SSD FB group fans but they have to use the image by May 26th and post it in the groups photos. Then they have a chance at winning a gift certificate to the SSD store. Then the following month they can get the next image for free with the same instructions. If you get May's image and don't use it then you cannot get June's image for free. You either sit out for a month or you buy it to play along. Join the Sassy Studio Designs Facebook group so you're in the know.

I printed out the image onto Cryogen cardstock and colored her in with Copic markers. Then I fussy cut her out and adhered her with foam adhesive to white cardstock. I did use the silver Wink of Stella pen on the bolts of the frame and on her top. I put Glossy Accents on the lens of her goggles too. 

My card base is size 5x5 1/2. I took some Adirondack silver paint and applied it heavily to the edges of the white card front. The brownish patterned paper is by Tim Holtz that has been dry embossed with a Darice embossing folder. The sentiment is also by TH in Simon Says Stamp red ink and then I cut it a part inking the edges with Frayed Burlap distress ink. the two brads are by Eyelet Outlet and the hot air balloon die cut is by K and Co. The letters for the word "Hopes" are by Joann's.  




Then we have the Flashback Friday image which is Steam punk Amelia. I printed out the image onto Cryogen cardstock and colored her in with Copic markers and then die cut her out with a Sizzix die. While she was still in the die I inked her edges with distress ink. 

I used a Tim Holtz stencil for the background of the card. I inked it with distress ink and then applied translucent embossing paste by Dreamweaver Stencils. After it was dry I inked the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink. 

The rest of the card came together with a die cut by K and Co, a metal suitcase embellishment by Bo Bunny, washi tape, a ticket by Memory Makers that I stamped a Tim Holtz stamp with Stampin Up brown ink. Amelia is adhereed to the card with foam adhesive by 3M.









Thanks for looking,

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both clever and great cards and colouring.