Wednesday, August 26, 2015

3 Month Star

I've been in a little rut and kinda down the last couple days. I don't know what it is all about but I need to shake it off and share with you this cutie. This is boy #3 of the five Groh boys {My husband's family} and I think he's adorbs at this age with his little flag.

The background cardstock is probably by Recollections but I wasn't happy with the way the layout was coming together with a plain background. I decided to pull out my stencils and choose a pattern that would go well with a star and with the little arrow die. This stencil by The Crafter's Workshop  was good because it wasn't too girly and it had uniformity to it. I inked the cardstock with Barn Door and Fired Brick red distress ink over the entire background. It took a bit of time to do the edges. The stencil are 12x12 in size and the pattern doesn't exceed the paper so you have to improvise by lining up the design on all edges and even in the corners too although I think it was worth it. 

All the patterned paper is by Deja Views with speckled grey cardstock by Stampin Up and the brown cardstock by Coredinations. I die cut the arrow die by Papertrey Ink twice and was amazed at myself for getting really good placement on the second go through. That like never happens. The title is cut from my Cricut Alphalicous cartridge. I welded the letters together in Cricut Craft Room. The star is also a Cricut cut. The description for this free cut in CCR simply says"Stars". The date at the bottom uses stamps by Oriental Trading Co and white pigment ink by Stampin Up.







4 comments:

DebR said...

How adorable he is! Great job on this LO, great embellishments with it.
Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

Hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Great job using our sketch! I love the way you created your own patterned paper and those photos are absolutely adorable! Thanks for playing with us at SEM.

Cara G said...

Cute take on our SEM layout sketch Cindy---and I love those photos--so cute and fun to see!!

Karla Yungwirth said...

This is absolutely adorable! I love seeing older photos get into scrapbooks - something I need to do more of! Thanks so much for joining us at SEM!
DT Karla