Friday, November 20, 2015

Sassy Studio Designs Katniss

I'm posting for today's Flashback Friday at Sassy Studio Designs. This image will be available for free on the SSD Facebook group for 24 hours and then she will be gone. 

I didn't know who this drawing was portraying so I Googled it and was really surprised at where she comes from. I've never read or seen the Hunger Games but I thought they were about survival and the character in this dress seemed out of place. But hey what do I know. lol

I printed her out onto Neenah Solar White cardstock and colored her in with Copic markers and Stampin Up colored pencils. For her dress I used the colors:
YR00, YR02, YR12, YR14, R0000, R05, R22

I really tried hard at making her dress look as though there are folds in it but I think I need to practice more. The red patterned paper is by Sandy Lion and the orange polka dot tape is by Darice. The word bubble is a Cricut George cut and I stamped a Lawn Fawn sentiment with Ranger's distress ink Gathered Twigs.

**And don't forget about the birthday giveaway. It ends November 29th at noon EST.**



Thanks for looking.
SB Cricut-George {word bubble}
SB Stamps-sentiment

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely card, it really caught my eye, I love the punchy colour you've chosen, and your colouring looks pretty fabulous to me, Debbs xx

Marilyn said...

Beautiful!! Love the color

KT Fit Kitty said...

As soon as I saw Katniss in your title, I had to come take a peek. Big Hunger Games fan here - I haven't read the books but I highly recommend the movies - and I am very picky with movies! Your card is beautiful!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous image and colouring, love it.

vicky's scrapping passion said...

great card. the coloring effect is gorgeous. TFS and Thanks for joining us Eureka Stamps Challenge: Anything goes. good luck

Dawn said...

Great image & beautiful colouring!
Thanks for playing in our Anything Goes Challenge at Eureka Stamps this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

crafty said...

Beautifully coloured image. Thanks for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps. Mary

DIANA L. said...

Very pretty Cindy beautifully colored
Thank you for joining Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Anything Goes. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
DL.ART
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com
Fantabulous Cricut DT member

Céline said...

fab card
thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
hugs
céline

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Beautiful card! The orange really pops and is just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
Tina dt

Pamela said...

Great card, love the colouring. Thank you for joining us at Crafting from the Heart.

Pam x

Lillian A said...

Great shading/coloring on this image and a nice, refreshing change to see orange. Thank you for entering our challenge at Love To Scrap.

Marjeta said...

Lovely card with beautiful colouring. Wish you mery holidays and all the best in 2016.

Marjeta