Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Celebrate with Schlitz

Today's wacky holiday is Old Stuff Day so what a great day to do a bottle cap card. This Schlitz cap has been manually depressed by my husband. I'm not sure how he does it but the caps usually pass my quality control. I glued the cap onto a light brown cardstock circle punch by EK Success. I used Glossy Accents to adhere the cap to the cardstock by putting the adhesive on the caps highest points that will be in contact with the cardstock and then I set a punch on top of it to dry. I usually do a bunch at a time and sometimes forget that I'm doing that project. I'll see my punches all over my tabletop and start putting them away until I notice what is underneath. Silly.

The light brown cardstock as the background is cardstock by Sunborn. I stamped it with circle stamps by Stampin Up and then inked the edges with distress ink and an ink blender. The middle kraft cardstock is by Oriental Trading Co. The canvas stamp is also by SU and I ripped the edges of the cardstock at the top  and bottom. The bottle cap is secured to a Spellbinders die cut out of Bazzill cardstock . The same cardstock was used on the sentiment but for this die cut I used my Cricut and the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge. The sentiment stamp is by Fiskars.



Thanks for looking.

No comments: