Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Just for You Shaker Card

For my card today, I die cut the Design Objectives flower out of  SU cardstock, I stamped in red (Stampin Up ink) the Fiskars sentiment stamp on the label die by Clearly Besotted. There is a stamp that matches the die but I find it challenging to get the stamp and the die to match up for a perfect or even semi perfect stamped image that lines up with the die. It's an art form that I haven't mastered yet.

I used 3M dimensional adhesive and transparency film for the shaker by placing the red cardstock paper with the transparency upside down to prepare for the next step. I taped the transparency to the red cardstock, then adding the dimensional adhesive around the flower shape all the way to the edges of each piece of the flower. I poured the sequins and shaker stuff inside the bowl like opening that I made with the dimensional adhesive. I removed the release paper of the dimensional adhesive and adhered a piece of white cardstock to be the background of the shaker. As to close up the "bowl". I adhered dimensional adhesive to the rest of the red panel before adhering it to the polka dot paper (Studio G). Wow, I hope I said that correctly.

The sequins and beads in the shaker are unknown and the gold strips of sequins came off an old dance costume. What else will or can I use 4 totes full of costumers for? Maybe, when my niece gets older and can fit in them, she will be as fond of them as I am.



Thanks for stopping by to take a look.

3 comments:

  1. Cindy, what a great way to use those shape dies that don't always get chosen for cards. I forget about them. TFS! kReN@afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this blingy shaker, what great contents in the window and love the die.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving comments.
They lift me up and brighten my day.
Cindy