Monday, May 23, 2016

Manly Monday Kenny K boy card + Winner announced

Thank you everyone that came to my blog for the Deep Red Stamps and Xyron blog hop. The winner is:

Marilyn
Email me at grohcm@gmail.com
   
For my Manly Monday card I'm taking things down to appeal to a younger masculine crowd. I used a digital stamp by Kenny K called Victory Kid. I printed him out onto Strathmore watercolor paper but I'm not sure how. Now a days my printer won't have anything to do with that thick cardstock. It's irritating that sometimes it works great and the you go to do it again  Anyway, I colored the image in with distress inks (Ranger) and Peerless watercolors. He turned out kind of cute and would be perfect for a young boy.

The background paper (My Mind's Eye) has been dry embossed with a star folder (Darice). I didn't think you could see the stars very well which led me to ink the edges with distress ink. I trimmed down a piece of black cardstock (Recollections) and orange dot cardstock (Bo Bunny) for the left side of the card. I matted the image with the same black cardstock.

To finish up this card, I've added a sentiment sticker (Pebbles) which looks like something the image would say.


That's all I have today. I hope you like it.

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Thanks for picking me as the winner for the Deep Red Stamps and Xyron blog hop. Just sent you an email

Marilyn said...

Love your card today!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Super image and great card, love the orange and the texture.

I'm the same with card and printer, I used to be able to print 300grm, not sure what that is US weight, now I can't do more than 210grm, so annoying.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Congrats to the lucky winner! Just popping in to see who it was! Have a great weekend, Cindy!