Thursday, July 21, 2022

Candy Cane Lane card with a double heat embossing

This card is something else. I loved doing it and I need to find a different embossing folder to try the same technique, agree? And I will take ideas/requests
There are way too many pictures but sometimes that’s the way it goes. 
The embossing folder is by We R Memory Keepers. It's a little bit longer, so that's why I could line up the design. Meaning I could do this technique because the opposite, embossed and debossed was longer and could line up. (that was a horribly long run-on sentence.) 
The embossing folder is 3" wide. Therefore, these are 3 separate pieces of cardstock. (I think I said that)
I dry embossed 2 pieces of red cardstock and I'm not sure if they are from the same manufacturer they look like two shades of red. I hate the shades of red cardstock and how they are hard to match up. I probably didn't think the idea would work. 
>Click<My cousin used to obsess over the shades of red and I would be so Rrrr, "Just pick a piece of red paper!" So one day I ran into a problem with matching reds so I fanned out the pieces of red cardstock all over my desk and took a picture. I texted her the picture and apologized for those times that she couldn't find just the right red to match her son's shirt when we were scrapbooking. She appreciated the apology. 
>Click< Back- moving on with the tour. 
Then I dry embossed a shimmery white cardstock. 
I took a red "Wet Looks" Marvy embossing marker colored it into the debossed pattern and then heat embossed it with red embossing powder.
I did the same thing for the red cardstock but in white. The embossing marker is Embossing Dual Pen 11 #81 Clear by Tsukineko and used Hero Arts white embossing powder to finish the job. 
I must say that I didn't use a powder bag before heat embossing and it shows with embossing powder everywhere. For the first time with such a technique, I'm all good with that.  
I trimmed the panel down and gave it a nice white border on the sides. The sentiment is one of Cricut's print and cut. 

This post was stupid long and way too wordy with probably many grammatical errors. This may be why I didn't want to post it. Thanks for sticking with me. Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Well grammatical errors or no, your card is lovely Cindy, love the shiny centre, great idea.