Friday, August 10, 2012

Misting Powdered chalk idea

I did an enjoyable and simple thing with metallic chalk this week. 
I added it to a spray mister of water and then sprayed it on a watercolor piece of cardstock for the first card and regular cardstock for the others. I used a Mini Mister by Ranger Industries to combine the two. I was generous with the amount of chalk I added to make the color brighter and more vivid. You could always use less for a fainter look. Check out my examples below.
Then after it dried I stamped these shell stamps, using a masking technique over the sprayed chalk area. The spray reminds me of sand. 

Here is a close-up of the chalk spray mist. It gives a great sparkle.

Products-Stamps by Stamp N Plus, ink  by Tsukineko and Stampin Up, border punch by Martha Stewart, a masking paper by Inkadinkado, ribbon by Stampin Up, circle punch EK Success, a watercolor paper by Hobby Lobby, cardstock by Bazzill

Here is another example using the chalk spray mist.


Products-Stamps by Stamp N Plus, ink  by Tsukineko and Stampin Up, border punch by EK Success, ribbon by Stampin Up, die cut by Spellbinders, cardstock by Oriental Trading Co, Bazzill and Pioneer

I found that if you hold the mister back so the spray was lightly hitting the paper the more even of a look I got. The closer the mister was to the paper the bigger the drops of chalk would be. See the example below. 


Products-Cardstock by Hobby Lobby and Bazzill, die cuts by Cricut and Spellbinders, flowers by Oriental Trading Co, and Bazzill with leaf by Prima

Thanks for stopping by and checking out the different ways to use powdered chalk by Stamp N Plus.

No comments: