Friday, March 13, 2020

Cricut Graduation card


I had a difficult time getting the layers to line up. So this is what I did:
I said screw it. 
I'm not getting a headache from stressing out on making this card "perfect".
With that, I threw away or vacuumed up any tiny layers 
I added this pretty gold glitter paper behind the letters and the tassel too. 
I have come to hate glitter. It gets everywhere and you find it lingering on as something really annoying like mosquitos. Mosquitos suck your blood and move on whereas glitter is found in totes, clothes, countertops, carpets, rugs, in my hair and the dog's hair. Oh yes. The poor boy dog had glitter in HIS hair a week after using glitter. So...
I love this glitter cardstock from Michael's. It's the kind where the glitter stays on the paper. 
Moving on.
I colored the rest of the cap with a black Copic marker. I don't love this part of the card but I have to get over it.
I adhered the white layer on top of the blue.

I stood back and thought, that's pretty. I may not want to give it away because sadly, the recipient will be more interested in what’s inside the card, than the card. 
I like the way it turned out.



Thanks for looking
If you want to see other graduation cards there's a search box in the upper right that says
Search this blog
Type in what you would like to see. Or just type in a random word. I typed in hard and 

10 comments:

Marilyn said...

Cute graduation card!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I Like the way it turned out too, a Great card.
Faith x

Dorlene Durham said...

I love your "screw it" attitude! LOL The card is great. Perfect for the occasion. Thank you for linking it at the Bitten By The Bug 2 website. Dorlene DT BBTB2

Caroline said...

I love your graduation card, and you are right, what is wanted is on the inside. I think you did a great job on this card! Thanks for joining us at bbtb2.

moknowsall said...

Great commentary for your post. I like the card. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Have fun with it. Thanks for joining our bitten by the Bug2 challenge.

Connie Can Crop said...

You had a hard time? I can't even tell. Looks perfect to me! Thanks for entering at BBTB2!! DT Connie

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Love the touch of glitter! Can never have too much sparkle, in my opinion lol! Thanks so much for joining us at Bitten By The Bug 2 for the Graduation challenge!

Golden Goddess Designs said...

Cindy, I would have never seen anything wrong with this card! It's great, if you hadn't mentioned the troubles, I would have never known...so with that said I think it is a great card and the touch of glitter is perfect. I sometimes say to hell with those little pieces and use a dot of ink or bling, whatever works...and you worked this one into a beautiful card. Glad to see you at BBTB2 and we would love to see more of you.
Alicia

Denise S. said...

The card looks great and I am sure the recipient will like it even if they are excited to see what is inside. Sometimes you just have to "let it go" and move on as we are harder on ourselves and others who see the cards think they are wonderful. Thanks for participating in the BBTB2 challenge.

Kim said...

This is a great graduation card. Thanks for joining the challenge at Bitten By the Bug 2.