Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Just a Note Dry Embossed Rainbow Sheets of Music Cards

These cards are made with leftover backgrounds from a group of ATC's I made back in Feb 2017. I knew I would use them someday. lol

The sentiment sticker is by SRM Stickers and I put it across the top and bottom
The dry embossing is a Fiskars plate. They're really old. 
I used them with my Cuttlebug but have feared to try them with my Gemini. 
The Gemini company didn't have a warranty card in the box.

So, I'm not as willing to try new combinations on this machine quite yet. 
^^This is the old me and I mean old like a week ago.

Because as of today, May 7th, I'm getting ambitious and brave enough to give it a try. 
But which plates would I use run them in my Gemini is the question. Hmm

Continuing on with the cards, I inked the embossed area with distress ink. I'm not one to do rainbow colors but these turned out so cute that I may try it again.
Then I trimmed down the Strathmore watercolor paper and sprayed it with water
I kept dabbing off the extra ink with a paper towel so the embossed pattern would show through.
I added pink and black behind it to make it fit the card base. 



The next card uses the same dry embossed plate but on plain white cardstock.
I went over the embossed areas very gently with an ink blending tool and the same colors of ink as above.
The sentiment is a stamp from Stampibilities on Bazzill purple cardstock. 
It doesn't photograph well but looks nice face to face. 
I used pink eyelets inside the Spellbinders label die.








Thanks for looking

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Pretty! Love the music note background!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love your colours and embossing folder.
Faith x