Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Expressions layout

I'm submitting this layout into the designer challenge at Scrapbooks and Cards Today. The challenge is to use worded paper on your layout. 
I look at my layout and think there's a lot of white space but I really want the focus to be on the pictures. The expression in the top right picture just makes you wish you could have seen them dance. They draw me in with the emotional impact in their faces, which is so intense in the top picture and then how they switch to their cheerful, sparkling smiles in the bottom picture. It just shows their true talent not only as dancers but as actresses playing the dark and gruesome part for one and the peepy tappers part for the other. I just felt adding more embellishments would draw the eyes away from the pictures. I was thinking of a journal box for the young lady to write in but there is gigantic one on the other side of this two page layout. So there is really no need for her to journal on this page too. So here it is:  




The worded paper is the white scalloped edge and the background paper of the single photo. 
Big star stamp, red paper and ink by Stampin' Up; background paper by Creative Memories; sparkle border by White Blossom; glitter in the star stamp by Jo-Ann Stores; star stamp by The Paper Studio; "Remember" stamp by Fiskars; eyelets by Making Memories and "Super Star" stamp is unknown. 
Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Mrs. said...

I recognize that dancer...