Saturday, April 30, 2011

Shannon's Sentiments Challenge

This week at Shannon's Sentiments our challenge is to make your own flower. I used crepe paper and a little wire from a piece of ribbon with wire in it. Before putting the flower together I rolled over the crepe paper with my Stampin' Up wheel tool using a flourish wheel in chocolate chip brown. Then I sprayed the paper with glimmer mist. I folded the paper like an accordion and wrapped wire around the stack of paper in the center. Next part I glued the two ends together and fanned it out until I liked it.

I pinched the wire to bend in half to get rid of the bulk in case I wanted to mail it out. The flower punch in the center is to cover up the wire. It is made by Marvy and for the rhinestone I used my I-Rock by Imaginisce to adhere it. The orange die behind the flower I cut out using the Cricut and Storybook cartridge then heat embossed with white embossing powder by Stampendous and then I did the resist technique using Ranger Tea dye ink and Close to my Heart color Autumn Terracotta ink.


The pot is from the Spring Time set. I sprayed it with Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels and then ink the edges with my distressing tool by Ranger Industries.
Thanks for looking. Have a great day

No comments: