Saturday, June 25, 2011

Peace card

I have to show you this card I made and again it is a Christmas card. I have included the steps of the card making process for me and took pictures along the way.
These are the some of the products I used to make the card.


This next picture is the pennant I used to make my shape.


And this is the shape I made by stamping them back to back with the Pumice Stone distressing ink. I then sprayed it with Perfect Pearls mixed with water. I did take an aqua pen and sharpened the edges of the stamp by placing the ink pad on an acrylic block I was able to make the edges a little bit darker, more crisp if you will.


These next two are my close up shots (still a work in progress on taking close up pictures) of the Spellbinders die heat embossed with the stamp Peace and then covered with Glossy Accents.



 This next picture shows the two together without Stickles on the edges of the shape.


And this next photo is a completed card that includes a stamp by American Crafts that is heat embossed using Versa Mark ink and SP embossing powder. Punch by Fiskars; felt ribbon by OTCol; grey paper coated with Perfect Pearls and water mixture, card base by RE, Peace stamp by The Paper Co and stickles on the edges of the shape too.

Thanks for checking out my blog today.
Be sure to come back tomorrow for the I Did it Creations challenge. This weeks Retro challenge only has 7 people entered so far so get out your things and make a card today. I know that kids and teenagers alike love peace signs and wear them all the time. They would love to get a peace birthday card. Here's your chance to make one.
Best wishes,
Cindy

No comments: