Friday, March 22, 2013

Bottle Cap kind of day

It's a bottle cap kind of day. I found this set of bottle caps at Hobby Lobby and had my husband make them flatter to fit through the mail without extra postage. I intended this card for a birthday. I usually put greetings on the inside of cards. The background stamp is by Cloud 9 which I stamped in different stamp pads of turquoise. The die cut in the center is super old so I layered on it the Spellbinders scalloped circles along with the bottle cap and a K and Co puffy sticker. I had to use Glossy Accents to get the sticker to adhere to the bottle cap. I sewed around the edge of the big old die cut to add interest and then a bow at the bottom for texture. The sentiment stamp and ink are by Hero Arts.

Thanks for looking.


Challenges:
http://www.4craftychicks.blogspot.com/-Circles (the background stamp is made of circles)
http://www.charismacardz.blogspot.com/-Die cuts (behind the bottle cap)
http://happycamperscc.blogspot.co.uk/-Add dimension (bottle cap)



6 comments:

GOTG said...

Nice work! You and Hubs are talented!

Leanne said...

Thank you for joining our Circle Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Tamie said...

Loving the clean and simple look of your card and the scalloped circles you used to make the flower. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Christy said...

How sweet! I love the stitching. Thanks for sharing with the Inky Linky!

www.inklingsandyarns.com

Laura said...

This is so sweet! I love the monochromatic scheme - so pretty! Thanks for joining the Anything Goes Challenge at Clearly iStamp!

Unknown said...

What a great idea, using the bottle cap in this way, love it, love the stitching too, Thanks for joining in at Happy Campers x