Friday, May 30, 2014

Dance headpieces

Today we head off to our niece's 1st dance recital. Her costume is adorable and she loves it. I just hope she wants to continue to dance year after year. If so I will continue to work to pay for it.

My friend owns a dance studio on the other side of town and I had the privilege to make some headpieces for her. For this first one I die cut the sequin fabric that were suppose to be wrist bands with a Sizzix flower die through my Cuttlebug. I also cut some white tulle to go in between. I wish I could take credit for the design but it was her design that I adapted to my tools on hand. Once the pieces were all cut out I hot glued them onto a piece of felt and onto a hair clip.



This second one was a flat bow and I poofed it out by placing tissue paper in between the layers and sprayed it with starch. I then took a strap from an old costume and wrapped it around the middle. Big and poofy now!


This last one was for a teen jazz class. They got a piece of fabric with their costume, at the bottom of the picture where the fabric and ribbon flow downward it's the one to the right. I took some ribbon that matched and a piece of sparkly fabric and braided the three together. Then I glued it onto a clip but not perfectly straight to give it more dimension. I left the fabric and ribbon at the bottom only because I didn't have good quality fabric sheers to cut them off. I left that for her.


Well hopefully my directions/words aren't too confusing and you've been inspired by the dance headpieces.

I have new cards for this weekend up until Wednesday. Please come back.

Challenges:

3 comments:

Jackie Scott said...

Beautiful work, they turned out so pretty - you must have had fun and enjoyed making them!

Andreja said...

WoW, cute and fabulous creation you made :-))
Thank you for sharing at Milk Coffee this time!
Hugs, Andreja

Angelique said...

Ohh so verry creative! Theyre gorgeous!
Thank you for joining us at MilkCoffee Digi Stamps

Huggsss, Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap