Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Christmas Card Layout of Faith 2009

Here's another layout for my Christmas card book. I keep all the photo pictures that people send at Christmas time and scrapbook them into a 8.5 x 11 scrapbook. It's really fun to see the kids grow, however as the kids get into their teens the photo cards don't come as much. Last year I felt like not as many people were sending Christmas cards but this year has been fabulous. We received about 5 cards after the holiday which was fine by me. I love getting mail that isn't a bill.

Anyway, there's kind of a lot going on with this layout and it has a lot of bulk to it but sometimes you have to use that bulky product just for fun. I'm going to start with the border down the left side.

I painted the chipboard swirl with red paint by Pebbles. The felt ribbon is by Oriental Trading Co, which is one of my favorite ribbons ever. The candy die cut is by American Crafts, flower by Recollections and Christmas tree by Jolee's. The ornament at the bottom is by Prickley Pear stamp and it's actually a hot air balloon that I turned upside down. I stamped it with black Hero Arts ink and cut it out. Then I colored it in with Stickles (Ranger) and once it was dried I set a black eyelet through the bottom (or is it the top?) and added some gold Martha Stewart string through the eyelet to add it to my chipboard piece. 

The rest of the layout unfolds with striped paper by Die Cuts With a View on top of white cardstock (Recollections). The tag at the top right is a chipboard pennant by Stampin Up that I added red brads to. The tag on top of the pennant is by Jolee's and I stamped the year with Oriental Trading Co stamps and red ink (Stampin Up). At the bottom right corner of the picture I added a green metallic chipboard corner piece (Studio G/Hampton Arts) with a smaller red sparkle corner sticker on top (K and Co). 





I followed this sketch but turned sideways and on a 8.5 x 11 size layout. The Scrapfriends website is no longer running to give them credit for this sketch.


Thanks for looking.
UPDATED PICS ON 9-21

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! what a beautiful page and love the sparkle and all the lovely details, love the traditional colours. A great idea to use the received photos as scrapbook page too, I just have them in a draw. Perhpas I should take them out and do the same as you. I presume her name is Faith, so to one from another, love her too.
Faith
x

cotnob said...

A fabulous layout Cindy, such an adorable photograph and lovely traditional Christmas colours.
Pauline
x