Thursday, January 19, 2017

Valentine ATC's

I made these ATC's for a Valentine's Day swap. The heart stencil and white glossy embossing paste are by Dreamweaver Stencils. I made the hearts on watercolor paper and after they dried I ran them through a pool of distress inks and water. I cut them down and inked the edges with Walnut distress ink before adhering each heart to its own digital tag that I had printed and cut out. 

The background is the Brick Wall Background Stamp by Deep Red Stamp stamped with brown ink by SU. I applied different colors of distress ink around the background to pull out the colors in the hearts. I wrapped lace around the base a few times before securing it with a brad. I cut the sentiments out from old greeting cards and adhered them to the upper left side.

And then I thought I was done. But I went to join these cards to the other sets I had made and they were smaller. Ugh! Are you kidding me? I sat on it for a day mostly because I was mad at myself. But then as I was into my brown scrap folder and this The Paper Studio glitter paper jumped out and said "Use Me!" I did so and loved it. It was the perfect end to these ATC's.



I hope you like them. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful work and a lovely set.
Faith
x