Sunday, March 13, 2011

I Did it Creations Challenge Happy Easter

Sunday's IDIC challenge is brought to us by Robyn's Fetish and wow does she have some great new images in her store. Be sure to check them out. The challenge this week at IDIC is masking. I did a tutorial on masking digital images on Thursday for those of you that are unsure how to do the technique. I am not sure how other people do this technique without the Inkadinkado masking paper because I feel like it was sent from heaven and I can't imagine not having it. I did make a mistake while doing the tutorial and it ended up as a fun little twist to the whole thing. Be sure to check out the link

HERE from my blog or HERE from the IDIC blog

So since I used my card for the technique demonstration I needed to make another to be part of the of the DT group. I picked an easy image, one of Robyn's new ones, and then made the mask out of the Inkadinkado paper and place it over the image. I used some swirls by Fiskars in a light pink by Close to my heart as the back ground. After I was happy with the background results, I removed the masking sticker and "ta-da" I had a beautiful masked image. I really enjoy this technique and have other things to show you in regard to it. However, I am fighting to stay a wake right now so it will have to be some other time.

Here is my card using SEI yellow paper as my base with the purple outside paper by a paper pack from Dollar General and the darker purple from Creative Memories. It is very hard to see but there is a small stamped image by Fiskars at the top and bottom of the card. The scallop square dies are by Spellbinders, sentiment sticker by Mrs Grossmans, the image is colored in by the novice Copic user me and the white paper is by The Paper Co.


I hope you enjoy my card today I and am glad you took the time to visit my blog. Be sure to check out the other DT members blogs to see their amazing work.  You can find a link to their blogs on the home page at IDIC...Please bare with me on any grammar issues in this post. I am beat and am trying like crazy to get this posted

No comments: