I worked on these invitations last week and they are now out in the mail and hopefully being received by people. It really didn't take me very long but I will say it reminded me of my factory working days. Glad those are done and over:) This was a lot more fun then inspecting the paint job on car parts but still one after another after another. blah. lol.
Here's my card/invitation with instructions to follow:
They are very similar but each one was done a bit different so I thought I would show you just two also because the color of grey was different depending on what I had available. My grey supply is no longer available. I have one 1/2 12x12 piece left. Time to go shopping and restock that. hehe. Anyway:
I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder Diamond plate that he liked and I really did buy it for boy/man cards. Every piece of grey paper I could find in my stash got cut into 3 3/4 inch wide by 5 1/4 inch tall and then embossed and inked them with Pumice Stone Ranger Distressing ink or Inkadinkado black ink or a combination of the two. I then took all the scraps of white paper I could find and used the 40th stamps from a Inkadinkado set and then spelled out Birthday Party using my favorite letter stamps in the world, Harold's Alphabet by Lawn Fawn. Put them on a block and started stamping with my Inkadinkado black ink and then used my blending tool by Ranger to ink the edges with the Pumice Stone. After that I cut the white paper to the size of the grey cardstock (some were different sizes because of the amount of grey cardstock that I had. I tried to get more cards out of what I had, which in turn made some of them smaller) I taped the white cardstock to the embossed grey.
Here comes the tedious part-I used the Indie Art cartridge by Cricut and cut out wrenches an bolts in sizes 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 inch and then glued them onto each card. My fingers were all glue by the end of that part. After I did that I didn't feel like the white cardstock was sticking to the grey very well (I used double sided tape-which can be hit or miss on embossed paper) so I went around with my Crop-o-dile and added eyelets and brads to secure the sentiment. This was a great way to use up those "I have one of this color left" pieces. Then I made the inside information on my computer and ran each card through the computer and then used Tesa tape to adhere the grey cardstock piece to the card base, which was 4 1/4 by 5 1/2.
Supply manufacturers: most brads and eyelets were by Making Memories, Some grey cardstock by DCWV and Pressed Petals, white cardstock mostly by Recollections, patterned paper for wrenches and bolts by Far and Away. I think that's it.
Best wishes for this happy Monday.