Sunday, July 01, 2012

Chalk-ah-Lot cafe challenge #13


The new challenge at Chalk-Ah-Lot cafe, challenge #13, will run from today until noon EST on July 14th.


The theme SUMMER.


Remember you must use powdered chalk from Stamp N Plus and I have a small request for your blog posts. Could you please mention where you used the powdered chalk and what color you used under your creation? That would help me to determine if the project follows our 1st rule of using chalks by Stamp N Plus and would be in the running for a prize. Thank you.

Quick reminder that the owner of Stamp N Plus is offering a chalk challenge special. You would receive two free chalks for the price of shipping and handling. Check out the details HERE.

For my card today I choose the sunshine stamp from the Rain or Shine stamp set. I combined Dandy powdered chalk with paint by Stamp N Plus and used it as my ink to stamp the image. I used a paint brush to lightly spread the mixture onto the stamp. After the paint was dry I used a Spellbinders die cut to cut it out and also to distress and add color to the sun. 

I cut the sentiment out using my Cricut and the cartridge Just Because Cards. I applied yellow Stickles to the word Sunshine. Patterned paper and ribbon by Stampin Up with die cuts by Spellbinders.



I used the following sketch from Pagemaps as my guide to making this card. I find using a sketch every now and then keeps me sane. I get all worried that my cards are lacking creativity.


Challenges:


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us at Di's Digis Challenge this week, Jo xxx

Tammy Miller said...

I love this project! Thanks so much for playing along with our Theme challenge over at Catch the Bug! We are so happy to have you and hope that you will join us again very soon for our next challenge!

Jen Leeflang said...

The sun shines right out of your fabulous card! Thanks so much for entering our challenge on Bugaboo Stamps' Catch the Bug blog - good luck in the draw. I hope you join us again soon!
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Bugaboo DT