Friday, July 06, 2012

Shaped card


I made this shaped card by using a Spellbinders die (label 8) and my Cuttlebug. Fold the paper in half and place the die past the edge of the crease. This card opens top to bottom. I used Basic Grey and Studio Calico patterned papers. The tag is made of old furniture samples. I heat embossed the butterfly stamp by Anna Griffin using off white embossing powder by The powder keg. The sentiment was cut out using my Cricut and Wild Card cartridge. That paper is by CGull and the stamped paper is by Recollections. 
I did use my Distressing tool and ink for the inside of the die cut. Leaving the paper in the die after its been cut you can ink it up as little or as much as you want. What you get is a contrasting look between the actual edge of the die cut and the embossed area. I love the way it looks and use this technique often. If you don't have a distressing tool, get one. They are worth it-plus you can use a coupon at a big store. 
Thanks for stopping by. I would love to see a shaped card you've made. Leave me a link in the comments. Let's inspire one another:)

Challenges:
Papercraft Star-Embossing (heat embossing)
http://whimsyinspires.blogspot.com/-Anything Goes
http://www.allwayssomethingcreative.blogspot.com/-Butterflies (In the stamp)
http://creataliciouschallenges.blogspot.com/-Anything Goes

3 comments:

Clarissa Schupp said...

Wonderful creation, love it.

Thanks for playing us at ASC.

Hugs Andrea

♥Jan♥ said...

Gorgeous grays, and couldn't this be a card for either M or F, and so many occasions too ! Great versatility ! We were so happy you joined us last week at Papercraft Star, celebrating our 2nd anniversary !!

Stine said...

Wonderful card.
Thanks for joining us at ASC.
HUgs Stine