Thursday, July 26, 2012

SNP Blog Hop




Welcome! 
Each month at Stamp N Plus we hold a blog hop showcasing one stamp used by all our design team. If you hop along to each blog and leave a comment you may win 2 Stamp N Plus stamps of your choice. You should have arrived here from Jackie's blog and if not start back at the Stamp N Plus Blog to hop along.

This months stamp comes with a sentiment on it but I decided to cut the words out and go with a generic sentiment using an alphabet stamp set. That way I could use this card for a birthday card or anniversary or anything where wishes play a part.  
So here's my card:


I heat embossed the image with silver embossing powder and then painted it with powdered chalk (stardust) and paint. The powdered chalk gives it a nice shimmery. The patterned paper is by DCWV and the silver paper is by Creative Memories. I used an EK Success border punch and layered vintage lace on top of it. I have these rows of pearls from an old corsage that I tucked into the lace. To adhere the lace I used Mod Podge which the pearls stuck to as well. The label is by Spellbinders, brads by Making Memories and inks by Versa Mark and Memento Inks.

Here is a close up of the lace and pearls. Mod Podge is the best way I can figure out to layer the lace and have it stay adhered to the card.


So next you should be off to Julie's blog to check out what she created with this fun image. 
Be sure to become a follower of the Stamp N Plus Blog and the Chalk Ah Lot blog to be eligible to win the free stamps.  

Thanks for stopping by.

Here is a list of the blogs in case you need it.
Tina Keller (Crafty and Green)-http://craftyandgreen.blogspot.com

9 comments:

ParkNSlide said...

So pretty in monochromatic silver---wish I could see the glittery elegance in person.

Bonnie Irvine said...

This card is beautiful in the various shades of gray/silver. I love the lace and pearl layer on the left. Dreamer looks so soft and...dreamy!

Pink Polka Dot Scrapping said...

Fantastic Job! Your card is so elegant with the greys! I love your card!

Jackie Randolph said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Cindy!! She is so lovely with the grey and your beautiful lace!

Anonymous said...

I love the silver and white colors that you used in creating your card. The embellishments, are gorgeous, too, and create a lovely magical feel to your card.

Thank you for a super fun blog hop!

sroseberry@ymail.com
zannieberry.blogspot.com

Renee B. said...

This is really lovely Cindy! I have never tried mod podge for adding lace but this turned out great!
Renee
rbbutchart@gmail.com

Crafty and Green said...

This is just beautiful Cindy! I love this!! Great Job!!

Many Blessings,
Tina

Kathy H said...

Lovely and I love the colors!!!

Pam D said...

So pretty, the lace and pearl gives it just the right touch,TFS!
pdela-torre@wavecable.com