Sunday, June 23, 2013

Chalk Ah Lot Christmas Card in June

Today starts week two for the anything goes with chalk challenge at Chalk Ah Lot. I decided to make a Christmas in June card for the challenge. I love to make Christmas cards and our challenges' sponsor, Stamp N Plus, carries 20+ pages of Christmas stamps. Check out the selection of Christmas stamps available online HERE. The sentiment stamp can be found HERE and the cardinal stamp can be ordered by calling Luann at 715-271-1783. Now is the time to start thinking about making Christmas cards. Life gets so busy around November and December that the joy of making handmade cards to send out can seem like a chore. Start now and enjoy the process. 
**If you need some inspiration for making Christmas cards, visit my DT blog at Christmas Cards all Year Round for monthly challenges with prizes awarded each month. This month the challenge is Vintage Christmas. 

On with my card....I painted the image in using powdered chalk and paint by Stamp N Plus. This picture shows the beautiful look you can achieve by combining the two together. To see all the powdered chalk colors available please go HERE.

 After I painted in the image I die cut it out with a Spellbinders die where I embossed the edges as well. It's hard to tell on this photo but the embossed edge really adds to the die cut. The sentiment was heat embossed using Versa Mark ink and Stamp N Plus embossing power. The eyelets are by Doodlebug Designs which I set on the card using my Crop-O-Dile by We R Memory Keepers. The patterned paper I used on this card are all scraps from my stash. I think the green may be My Mind's Eye (really old) but the others I'm unsure of. The cardstock I used for the image is by Recollections and the ink by Hero Arts.

Thanks for stopping by.


Challenges:
http://hobbycutzchallenges.blogspot.com/- Anything with H (Hero Arts)




9 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Cindy I like the bird and papers.
Kevin xx

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful card, Cindy! I love the shimmer on the bird. Great idea to get started on holiday cards now. If only I weren't the world's biggest procrastinator! Haha.

Hazel said...

This is gorgeous - beautiful colouring - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 130 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for June - I'd love to see it there too. x

Sabrina said...

Chalk colouring is something I don't often see, and love that you did something different. A beautiful stamp too! Thank you for sharing and playing with us at CCC this week. :)

Unknown said...

A very pretty and shiny card! Paint and chalk...I would like to try that! The effect is pleasing to the eye. Thanks for playing with us over at The Squirrel and The Fox.

theCook said...

Nice bird for a lovely Christmas card. Thanks for playing with us at Hobbycutz challenge!

Sandy (Cheesy) said...

You are so smart to get working on Christmas cards. I need to do that! And I haven't used chalks very often--should start that too. lol
Your card is very lovely. I saw it on the Hobby Cutz challenge and stopped in for a look.

Rosemary said...

I will check out your DT blog because, as you noted, we get so busy in November and December and a handmade, heartfelt card is so in keeping with the warmth of the season. This is so soft and gentle, love the effect of the chalk and yes the embossing adds a special something. This is perfect for our Opus Gluei theme of WINGS - can't be anything more WINGED than a bird and the cardinal is lovely.

Thank you for participating with us at Opus Gluei, would love to see your take on future challenges!

valou250809 said...

Very beautiful card! thanks for playing with "Hobbycutz challenge". Good luck!