Friday, June 21, 2013

Celebrate in Style Yellow card

In keeping with the yellow theme (sort of) this week, I have a birthday card today. The background cardstock is stamped with various inks and stamps by Close to my Heart and I think Fiskars. I have to fess up, I'm totally not sure about the stamps and ink because I made this background probably 2 or 3 years ago. At the time, I didn't like it so I put it in my "To be Continued" box and then recently as I was thumbing through the box of  unfinished (or unliked) cards I came across it. I thought to myself I have the perfect color flowers and what nots to go with this card and Wah-La the card has been given a new life. Glad I got that off my chest - Lol.

The darker yellow flower is from the online store Stamping Scrapping (Another Cindy from the Grand Rapids, MI area- You may know her because she released a line of Spellbinders dies. Her last name starts with an E. See the link and visit her store. She has a clearance section and deals of the week. I'm totally going shopping when I finish this post.) 
*Wow I'm really babbling today*

The lighter colored flower is by Prima and the center is by Forever in Time. Side note-I saw these centers made into earrings at the Farmers Market today. Good idea.

The label die cut is by Spellbinders with DCWV patterned paper and sentiment stamp by Hero Arts (Love them!) with ink by Close to my Heart. The different cardstocks on my card are by Recollections and the brads and ribbon are from my stash.

Thanks for putting up with me today and come back 

*Tomorrow (Saturday) for my Stamp N Plus card-
It's a good one (well I like it). 

*Then Sunday is a Chalk Ah Lot card for the 
anything goes using chalk challenge

*and then Monday brings a new Manly Monday post. 
You don't want to miss it. 
Fabulous masculine card inspiration for those guys in our lives.

Thanks for stopping by:)


Challenges:


6 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful. Love the dimension on the flower and yellow is always inviting.
{I would love you to take part in my 600 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Bonnie said...

What a lovely card, Cindy! I love the pretty flower and the random circle outlines in the background. Interesting yet still CAS!

Lisa Jane said...

Love the CAS style and the pretty colours
Thanks for joining us at LCI this fortnight
Lisa x

happyglitzygirl said...

Lovely cas card, nice colour combo, thanks for playing along with us at Gingerloft, blessings Hilde

lis-m said...

Very elegant card... I wish I could create CAS cards.. but I'm rubbish at them

thanks for joining us at our first return challenge @ Pollycraft -Good luck!

Unknown said...

Great project thanks for joining us at Gingerloft on our Tie a yellow Ribbon challenge hugs Tania (DT) xx