Saturday, June 01, 2013

Christmas Cards all Year Round

This month at Christmas Cards all Year Round the theme is VINTAGE CHRISTMAS. This is way out of my comfort zone and I love that. Here's what I came up with.


This first one has a fun technique to give it the gold and glazed look to it. I stamped the horse driven sleigh by Stamp N Plus in black ink by Hero Arts onto Strathmore watercolor paper. I went over the image covering the paper with gold distress stain by Ranger Industries. Heat set to dry. Then the stamped image needed a little something more so I took Stardust powdered chalk also by Stamp N Plus and covered the paper with it. Finally I die cut the image out using a Spellbinders die and a black scallop die cut to go under it. The sentiment stamp and white craft ink by Stampin Up, lace is vintage, border punch by Martha Stewart, black cardstock and card base is by Recollections and patterned paper is by Karen Foster. Circle punch by EK Success.

Challenges:
http://songbirdchallenges.blogspot.com/- All Creatures great or small
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/- Favorite embellishment (die cuts)



My second card is unique with the vintage ribbon from my husbands grandmother. It was found within her sewing stuff and I snatched it up. I've had it for a few years and was saving it for the right time to use it. The time is now. 

As for the other supplies; patterned paper by Making Memories, die cuts by Cricut and Spellbinders, sentiment sticker by Little Yellow Bicycle, tag by Sizzix, cardstock by Oriental Trading Co (kraft), Creative Memories (green) and Recollections ( off white), embossing folder by Stampin Up, distress ink by Ranger and button and floss from Oma's stash as well.

Challenges:
(ribbon, sticker, button)
http://christmasstampin.blogspot.com/- Anything goes Christmas


Thanks for looking.

8 comments:

Judy McKay said...

Lovely card. Great vintage look. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week.

Patricia Chalas said...

great combinations of your cards!!! Thanks for playing along with us at CSAYL this week...

Hazel said...

They are a both lovely vintage cards - the ribbon on the second card is very special - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 127 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for June - I'd love to see it there too. x

Mandy said...

Wonderful cards Cindy, I love the embossing and the cute Vintage ribbon.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs
Mandy xx

Jenny said...

Tolle Karten sind das.
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei CSAYL. Liebe Grüße Jenny

Heather said...

That ribbon is so pretty and I love your embossing folder. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

Fiona Powell said...

I love your card. You have done a great job with a topic that was out of your comfort zone.

Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenges and best of luck!

Fiona

Helen said...

Fabulous cards - love the embossing on the second one!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x