Saturday, June 15, 2013

"Happy Day"

My card is also being featured on the Stamp N Plus blog. The iris folding grad cap stamp can be found HERE. I can't believe how easy it is to do iris folding and who knew I would like to do it. I used Hero Arts black ink for the cap and patterned paper by Recollections for the iris folding and Karen Foster as the background. The sentiment is a SRM Sticker.

The flourish is a piece of grungeboard by Tim Holtz that I painted with Adirondack Metallics acrylic paint which is made by Ranger Industries. While the paint was still wet I sprinkled Stamp N Plus white glitter all over it. After it dried I sprayed the flourish with Krylon Fixatif in desperate hopes that the glitter would stick to the flourish and not everything else in my studio. I must say this picture is great at catching the sunlight. Look at that sparkle!

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and if you have any questions, comments or concerns please leave me a comment below. I love reading them all-the good, the bad and the ugly:)


Challenges:


3 comments:

Gail said...

Cindy - thanks for entering the Brown Sugar Graduation Challenge this week! Lovely Graduation cap! I love to do Irish folding -one of the first techniques I learned when doing cards! Your hat is fabulous! Good luck on the draw and enjoy your weekend! Gail DT

Janice said...

Very nice! Thanks for sharing at Brown Sugar Challenge!

NickScrapShack said...

This is wonderful! Love how you used that folding technique

Thank you for joining our challenge at Brown Suger
Hugs Nick