Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sunny day for a card

Well this card comes with no sun and snow falling down outside. Spring will be here soon. My card today is for the


The colors are green, yellow and blue. The sun stamp is by Unity, the flowers are by Stampin Up and the grass by Stamp N Plus. I drew the stems and leaves in myself. I cut the butterflies out with the Cricut and the punched the border with an EK Success punch. The flowers have a matching punch that I used. I did use a clear gold Wink of Stella glitter pen around everything. That thing is very addicting.

The blue on the rt side is distress ink. This card has been repurposed. I tried to do something a couple of years ago and it failed. I kept the card base because I don't have a lot of 5x7cards on hand. And here we go. I did a larger card because that border punch is so big on an A2 card.

Thanks for taking a look.


For the butterflies I only placed adhesive in the middle and then flipped the wings up away for the card. I also used foam adhesive for the flowers.

10 comments:

StampNScrapJunkie said...

Love the 3D details on the card! Thanks for joining us at Fitztown Challenge Blog. Hope to see you there again and good luck!
Ema
DT Coordinator

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the flower w/ Butterflies & Sun card. Like how you drew the stems & leaves. Like the border punch. Other reason I stopped by is because I was cleaning & found a Cricut magzine I have from May 2012 and there's a project by you in it, Happy Mom's Day using Flower Shoppe Cricut cartridge. Wonderful. I have the cartridge and I'm going to give it a try.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Sande said...

Oh, how sunny is your card! Love it!
Thanks for joining us at Fitztown!
Hugs, Sande xx

Michelle said...

Very pretty card. Thank you for joining us this week for the Love To Create challenge.

K8 said...

Adorable, just love that 3D feeling! It´s just so very spring!! Thank you for play with us at Fitztown Challenges, hugs Kate DT

Amy E said...

This is so pretty Cindy!! I love your stems and leaves...you're quite an artist!

Christine L said...

A very pretty springlike creation..

Thanks for sharing at Paper Nest Dolls challenge - hope to see you again soon..

Christine (DT)

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful sunny card! Thank you for sharing with us at Love to Create this week.
Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Jackie Randolph said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge!
Hugs' xx
Jackie - LTC owner

Kaija said...

Beautiful summer card!
Thank for joining us at Fitztown Challenge
Gr.Kaija DT-member