Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Best Wishes

I made this card for an upcoming anniversary. I like to use Best Wishes on the front and then I can put the usually Happy Anniversary on the inside. I'm always thinking about what the inside of the card will say. Some crafters I know say leave them blank so people can put their own message or write a note on the inside. Every time I do that I end up writing Happy Anniversary love husband and I. I would rather it already have the sentiment inside so people don't have to read my poor handwriting. So now you know that best wishes cards are an easy out for the inside. You could use it for and I have for birthdays, get wells, graduation, Mother's or Father's Day cards, goodbye, missing you, thank you, etc.

My card is pretty simple today. The darker blue DP is by Papertrey ink and the lighter blues by Stampin Up {both paper pads are old}. I stamped the large Hero Arts branch with Versa Mark ink and heat embossed it with brown/copper Ranger embossing powder. The birdhouse was done the same as the branch just on white paper and then fussy cut out. The bird and sentiment are stamped with yellow Versa Color pigment ink and then cut outs the ribbon is from Stampin Up-I turned the polka dots upside down.

Thanks for looking.



http://www.littletangles.blogspot.com/- Don't forget the envelope
http://www.cardsinenvy.blogspot.com/Any A2 card not thicker than 1/4

12 comments:

Vickie Y said...

Adorable card! Love the little bird and birdhouse on the branch! Thank you for playing along with us at MFP Simple Salutations Challenge.

Shirley said...

I really like your card and envy too!

DonnaMundinger said...

Really love your design and colors, Cindy. I struggle with the insides of cards as well. Love that you've made a matching envie, too. Makes it all the more special. Thanks so much for joining our first challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Chark said...

cute idea for the envelope!

fiona mctiernan walker said...

A great card thankyou for joining our challenge this week at Artistic Inspirations.
Good luck
Fiona dt. x

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful card! I love the blues and the cute birdhouse! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Such a sweet card! Love the matching envelope, too.
Thanks for joining us at Aurora Wings.

Jessica Pascarella said...

Thanks for playing along with the Little Tangles Challenge! Your card and envelope are wonderful!

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

Love the colors and the blends of the dfferent paper. Thanks for playig at Cards in Env!!!

Anne Fenton said...

Such a cute card, love the little birdhouse, thank you for joining TTCRD this week.

Betty said...

Your card and envelope set looks so lovely. Thanks for playing along with us in the Little Tangels challenge and hope to see you again.

Ashley M said...

I love the scene you created! The long branch on the envelope is such a great way to tie in the design! Thanks for playing!