Sunday, March 16, 2014

Star Stenciled in Yellow Chalk for Chalk Ah Lot challenge

I made this next card for the challenge at Chalk Ah Lot. The challenge is to use a stencil with chalk. My card below uses Special Day Stamp by Stamp N Plus and Dandy powdered chalk with paint also by Stamp N Plus.

I mixed the powdered chalk with the paint and applied it to the stenciled area with a cosmetic wedge. It's a little light in places but I kind of liked it that way. The stencil is by The Crafter's Workshop. With the leftover chalk/paint mixture I covered the piece of cardstock that is behind the star panel. 

The patterned paper is by Pink Paislee and I used a Martha Stewart punch on the edges. The shear ribbon is by Pebbles and the star brad is unknown. I stamped the sentiment on the vellum and heat-embossed it in black. After it cooled I die cut it out with a Spellbinders die. 

Thanks for looking.


Challenges:
http://cardmakinmamas.blogspot.com/-Splish Splash {I used paint w powdered chalk}
http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.com/ Anything goes with a sentiment
http://craftyribbonschallenge.blogspot.com/ Anything goes with ribbon {shear yellow ribbon}
http://www.dreamweaverstencils.blogspot.com/- Dream it up. I used the powdered chalk mixed with paint and a stencil to create the one of a kind background of stars. I also heat embossed on vellum.

10 comments:

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love the effect of the stars of this card! very cool! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge

karalschuknecht said...

Great card and I love the way the stenciling turned out. Thanks for joining us this week for "Anything Goes." Good Luck.

Karal DT for QKR Stampede
My Blog: Karals Creative Corner

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Brilliant card. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

Gretha said...

Such a lovely card Cindy
Thanks for joining the Crafty Ribbons Challenge
x Gretha

crafty-stamper said...

brilliant love the technique and looks great lighter in some places and love the border of patterned paper-thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls
Carol DT x

Lea said...

I really like the background you've created! Super fun and cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Dreamweaver!

Kim Kelley said...

Very cool stencil work! Looks fabulous! Thank you for joining us at Card Makin Mommas!

Kim
CMM DT

Jennifer Scull said...

what a great stenciled bg! just so much fun!

thank you so much for joining our 'anything goes' challenge over at The Doodle Garden Challenge Blog! it's great to have you join us for our very first challenge! :)

Rachel Gillham said...

love the stencilling, it looks ace!
thank you for joining us at JFF for anything goes!
Rachel, JFF DT

Unknown said...

Great project.Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our anything goes challenge . Hope you will join us again hugs Tania (DT)xx