Thursday, March 13, 2014

Balloon Best Wishes

This card has a few different stamp companies on it. For instance the balloon stamp by Unity, background stamp from Prickley Pear and the sentiment stamp is by Just Rite.

I'll start by telling you about the background. It is a stamp with about 4 or 5 circle stamps in a row. I continuously stamped them in a line up and down the white cardstock using Stampin up Bermuda Bay ink. I thought, at the time, that it was too bright so I covered the entire cardstock with silver andirondack paint. Well then I really didn't like it so it sat in the ugly bin for over a year. Then recently I pulled it back out and was able to match it up with some fun embellishments that really made that background look a little bit more muted then before.

I die cut the shape/label from my Cricut and inked the edges with distress ink and an ink blender. I stamped the balloon in a caramel color by Stampin Up. I was able to match up this perfect MyMind's Eye patterned paper at the bottom of the card base. Layered on top of the paper is a felt scalloped ribbon by Prima and the aqua ribbon is by Stampin Up. I placed a Sticko button sticker on the left. The clouds in the sky are a Marvy punch that I put Stickles on and then popped up with foam adhesive. 

Thanks for looking.
Challenges


http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.com/ Bingo {ribbon, free, punched shapes}










5 comments:

Sue said...

I like how you created your background, lovely card! Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

Unknown said...

Great job, I really like how you used so many different stamps!!! Thank you for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge.
Zenita (aka Scrappinwith'Z)
DT member Love to Create Challenge
http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com

Anne Temple said...

Wonderful card. Love how you combined the various stamps. Thanks for joining us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge where the theme is always anything goes with loose glitter, embossing powder, and/or flock.

maureenjscott said...

Fabulous card! I love the background with the silver adironak on there!! looks great- glad you salvaged it! Thank you for joining us at Love to Create Challenge this week! Mo xxx
Why not link up at the Anything Goes challenge at Left of Center this month for a chance to lots of prizes from some amazing sponsors! http://leftofcenterchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/p/loc-1st-anniversary-challenge-starting.html

Donna Ellis said...

Cute card, Cindy, and wonderful designs by using an assortment of images! Perfect for masculine or feminine recipient! Now to put on my other hat. Thank you for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle this month! I hope you will submit more of your pretty cards which have loose glitter on them to the challenge in the future! hugs, Donna {Creative Smiles}