Monday, March 03, 2014

Manly Monday Hand Saw Cut Once Card

Welcome back to another PACKED Manly Monday. I think there are 25+ cards/links to share with you today. I hope you will leave the ladies some love so they know you stopped by after seeing their link right here at Manly Monday. Here is my card. I really like the way it turned out and think you will enjoy it.


My Manly Monday card is a fun one with new-to-me stamps and dies by Papertrey Ink. I started my card by distressing the background paper by Tim Holtz with an X-Acto knife. It sure isn't the safest way to distress but it was the closest thing to me at the time. I crinkled the paper up in my hand and then smoothed it back out. I stamped and die cut the saw out of a very light gray cardstock and then I used pinking shears to make the blades of the saw. If you offset your die cut to include more of an edge on the downside then you have a nice little edge to make the saw sharp. I love this sentiment and have heard my husband use it before. This will make a perfect birthday card for one of his four brothers or nephews. {Now if I could just get them in the mail before their actual birthday, I'd be a happy camper}

I used the same gray cardstock behind the saw which in hindsight I should have used a different color. Oh well. The edges are inked with Stampin Up grey ink. The kind of graph paper is by DCWV and the green is by Stampin Up.

Please note that if you make a manly card and would like it posted here you can always email me at
 grohcm at gmail dot com with a direct link. I will gladly show off your creation. I'd like to keep things new on this post so nothing older than a month. If you send me multiple links I may split them up but you will get in the line-up. Thanks, everyone. (Updated  12-13-22 Photo size and placement. Font and size.)

Scrappie Too




Hand Stampin' with Janneke

Stampin Up Sheep

Crafting with Cotnob

Inspired Ginger

Annie's notes from the woodshed

Keep it Sweet and Simple

Chrissy's Cardland

All things Beautiful

Craftin' Suzie

Red Obsession Cards

Bear House Creations

Lynn's Cards for all Occasions

The Little Stamper

Bright and Breezy Crafts

Wish Craft Cards

Paper, Pens and Pretty Things

Deb's Tiger Stripes

Ames Crafts

Crafting in the Country

Sticky with Icky

Magagis Crafty Bits

Holy Hannah! That was a ton of cards. Love the inspiration for all manly ages and some of you ladies have mad coloring skills. Rub some off on me, please. I need the help-lol


Thanks for looking.

Challenges:
http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com/- Anything goes
http://sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.com/ It's raining men
http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.com/ Anything goes
http://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.com/-St Patty's or use green
http://thestampingboutiquechallengeblog.blogspot.ca/- Punches or dies
http://craftyribbonschallenge.blogspot.com/ Anything goes use ribbon

1 comment:

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Hi Cindy, thanks for including my card in your Manly Monday round up.
Great card - love how you made the saw blades.
Caroline xxx