Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Deep Red Stamps Merry Christmas

I stamped the Merry Christmas Deep Red Stamps image onto Strathmore watercolor cardstock with Hero Arts black ink. I colored the image in with distress inks and added some iridescent paint in a few areas. I trimmed it down and inked the edges with red distress ink before adhering it to a green patterned paper by Pink Paislee.

I almost always work on a piece of cardstock or patterned paper and then add that panel to the card base. This embossed border is a reason why I do that. If I were to emboss the card base you would be able to see it inside the card. Although the border might not be the best example because it might look really nice on the inside but when using brads I don't want the prongs sticking out when the recipient opens the card. Just personal preference.

This embossed border is by Darice. The patterned paper is unknown. The snowflake sticker on the left is by We R Memory Keepers. I cut a Spellbinders die called Dahlia out of Die Cuts with a View green cardstock. I inked the edges with Forest Moss distress ink before adhering the sticker to it.



Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

brandco2450@gmail.com said...

Nice traditional card, Cindy. Really like it!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Lovely card, love the traditional colours.
Faith
x