Thursday, September 01, 2016

View from a Bird's Nest


I created these ATC's (Artist Trading Cards) with many ideas that in the end turned out quite well but it took a long time to get those ideas together and all to work in a way that I would be proud to trade them.

I started with this Spellbinders die cut but cut in half and then die cut two for each ATC foam with adhesive backs by Tiny Crafts. This will be the bird's nest and the foam will make it so the bird appear to be sitting in the nest.


I had some raffia and I separated each piece to make the strands thinner.


After that, I cut them into smaller pieces.


 I covered the die cut with liquid glue by Beacon and added raffia to the soon to be nest. I would put something heavy on it to dry and move on to the next one. By the time I I was done adding to the 6th nest (just in case something goes wrong, it's good to have extras) the glue was dry on the first so I could Add more glue and add more raffia. This picture shows the start of the layer process.


Moving on to the next step, I inked a hexagon stencil by The Crafter's Workshop with Scattered Straw distress ink and over that inked a polka dot stencil by Heidi Swapp with Tea Dye distress ink. I cut that piece down and matted a scrap of Bazzill cardstock behind it.




I adhered the nests onto two foam die cut before adding them to the background. The chipboard birds are by Prima and to finish the card I stamped the sentiment from Newton's Nook.



I hope you like them. Have a great day.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Cute!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How creative Cindy
Faith
x

Sybrina K said...

Cindy, These are adorable, and I just love how you created these cute little nests. Thanks so much for the kind words you left when visiting my blog. :)