Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Cork Love ATC's

The theme for these ATC's (Artist Trading Cards) is use cork and this first part has nothing to do with cork but I wanted to show the background process. Hang in there until the fifth picture where you will see the cork.
 I found this very ugly paper in my stash and decided it needed to go.

I adhered the paper to a piece of cereal board and inked the edges with distress ink.

For this ATC, I added gold Perfect Pearls to white paint and painted over the ugly paper. After it dried I applied distress ink over a leaf pattern Dreamweaver Stencils, which is in the next photo all the way to the right.

The middle card was done similar to the one above however I added copper Perfect Pearls instead of the gold. 

The card on the left was done differently. I inked the card heavily with distress ink and adhered the stencil on top. Using the paint mixed with gold, I applied the paint over the stencil to reveal the leaf pattern.

Here's what they looked like in the end and you can hardly see the backgrounds. So anyway, the orange background is mulberry paper and the cork tag is by Little Yellow Bicycle. The green and orange tags were these super bright colors that I tried to tone down with distress ink, stamps and an emery boards for sanding. Two of them have orange hemp wrapped around the bottom by Tim Holtz. The leaf brad is unknown 





Thanks for checking out my blog today.