Saturday, August 09, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2 Day 1 Sheri

I loved Sheri's technique and came out with a totally different look. She had a soft look to her card, which I loved but I ended up with a sharper colors and less of  the stamped image on my squares. I believe it is because I sprayed the paper with water after I stamped. Idk, but I love it and will definitely use this technique again. 

My background stamp is by Just Rite and I used Tim Holtz watercolor paper with Ranger distress inks. My ink colors were: Peacock Feathers, Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed, and Spiced Marmalade. The first two ink pads were the larger squares and the second two were the new smaller ink pads. After I stamped the background I used a Creative Memories square punch to cut them out. I adhered them to patterned paper with a grid so they would be straight and that panel was mounted onto a piece of green cardstock by CM. 

I'm not sure the manufacturer of the orange or peach-ish cardstock but I do know that the ribbon is organza by The Paper Studio, the happy stamp is by Stampendous in Hero Arts black ink, and the birthday die cut is by Papertrey Ink. 

I'm having a blast working on my "homework" for the online class. I'm WAY outside my comfort zone and I like it! It's nice because I'm not focusing on one manufacturer for my cards. I'm just playing with what I have and enjoying it.

Thanks for looking.



3 comments:

Cathy said...

These stamped tiles look gorgeous Cindy, beautiful card, Cathy x

Scrapthat said...

Oh I'm loving your cards too girl!! TFS!

Kelly O said...

Super pretty Cindy! Love the ribbon and bow too!