Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2 Day 2 Kathy

Today's new card was inspired by the Stretch Your Stamps 2 card class tutorial by the fabulous Kathy Racoosin at The Daily Marker. She used her Faber Cassell gelatos to color in her background stamp. I only have one gelato in the blue but I do have and used a yellow and green pens by Faber Castell to use which is something new for me to work/play with. I tell you that because she opened my mind to break outside the box (for this technique I would have used my Distress Markers) and use something different. Yeah! Love that about this class.

I loved this background so much and I wasn't sure if I would follow her card example so I took a picture of it once I got some color down. The stamp is by Hero arts and I stamped it with Versa Mark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder by Stamp N Plus. At first I had a little trouble seeing the pattern I needed to color because I never looked at that image that way before. I figured it out but it was an eye opening experience. 


Come to find out the Faber Cassell markers mix well with water. To apply the color to the paper I scribbled some out on my craft sheet and picked it up with my water pen by Ranger.


There were some squares in the pattern that I left white but I couldn't leave it like that. I added sparkle to each square with a clear Wink of Stella pen. 


I ended up following her squares for my card design but didn't do the window card. This actually a heavy card because there are so many layers of cardstock. I personally love it that way and the color combo is a favorite of mine. The sentiment is a Just rite stamp that I stamped with Versa Mark ink and heat embossed with blue embossing powder by Stamp N Plus.




Thanks for looking.

No comments: