Friday, August 08, 2014

Aqua Brick Card

For today's card I used two techniques from two different sources. I'll start with the background. I dry embossed this white cardstock with a Darice embossing folder. Then I covered the paper with Versa Mark ink and white embossing powder. I heat embossed the background giving the bricks a texture. I learned this technique from Pat Garvin at Mark's Finest Papers. 

HERE is another card I made using the same technique.

The second technique in my card is with the flower. Instead of using foam adhesive for the flower I learned from Jennifer McGuire to punch or die cut multiples of the same shape and glue them together for the added dimension. It's such a money saver considering how I pop everything up with foam adhesive. The flower stamp and punch and aqua cardstock are by Stampin Up. I stamped the flower with Hero arts shadow ink the center is a Sticko sticker by EK Success. The die cut is by Spellbinders. The sentiment stamp is by Just Right in black Hero Arts ink.

Thanks for looking.




http://fattastictuesday.blogspot.com/ Anything goes square or rectangle

11 comments:

Jane Savage said...

Simple and elegant, Cindy! I love that powder blue and white combo, one of my favs!
Thank you for joining us at Delightful Challenges. Jane xx

JanR said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

froebelsternchen said...

This is also Beautiful ! Thank you for joining MOO MANIA & MORE!

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fab card Cindy. The embossed background really stands out and the flower centre is a great finishing touch. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenge.

Dionne

NanaConnie said...

Really lovely, Cindy! Great idea to use that brick embossing folder. How wonderful that you chose to play along in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Through the Craft Room Door this week. Good luck in the draw and I hope we see you again soon.
NanaConnie DT

Emily Thubbron said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful. I love the embossed brick background and the CAS design. Thank you for joining us at Penny's for our ANYTHING GOES challenge this week.

Emily T.
DT Member

Mrs Beez said...

Love the simplicity of your card - it looks stunning. The brick wall is a great idea. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Paper Panda said...

Very pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.
Mandy x (PPCC DT)

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
Mags
x

Anne Temple said...

Another lovely project. Love the textured look of the dry and heat embossed bricks. They make a great background. Thanks for sharing it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

Karen Day said...

Cute card, Cindy! I love the brick wall background - glad to have you play along with our challenge at Art Impressions!