Friday, August 08, 2014

Stretch You Stamps 2 Day 1 Kristina

I'm taking the Stretch your Stamps 2 class online and I will have some fun things to show you in the next few weeks. 

These first two cards were inspired by Kristina Werner's video and techniques however I don't have the BG stamp she is using or the watercolors or a big word die. So there was a lot of making stuff up to sort of fit in with what she did. And here we go...

I'm using THIS Retro Flower background stamp by Inkadinkado. I heat embossed it in clear on water color paper by Strathmore. Then I covered it with powdered chalk mixed with paint in the colors: yellow, orange, brown and green. {Would have been smart to photograph it before die cutting it apart. Doh!} I die cut the background using Papertrey Ink vase dies and also two rectangles by Lawn Fawn.

For the first card I used Tim Holtz flower stamps stamped in two Versa Color pigment inks. Then I inked the edges of the rectangle, dry embossed a piece of kraft carsdtock by Oriental Trading Co and rounded two of the corners with a CM corner rounder. I finished it by stamping a Gina Marie sentiment stamp from her Simple Sentiments stamp set using the same ink as used on the flowers and added some pearls by Want 2 Scrap.



So for the second card I used Stampin Up flower stamps, inked the edges of the vases and not the rectangle, sentiment is a rub-on and added the brown part of baker's twine with some old brads to hold it in place.



Thanks so much for looking.


No comments: