Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Upsy Daisy Stampin Up stamp set Cards

UPDATED 8-29-21 BY MAKING THE PICS LARGER 

Hi all, I wanted to share a new card I made using the Stampin Up set Upsy Daisy. It's an older set but new to me. It's one of those sets that never really go out of style in my opinion. It's funny because I like one part of the first card and another part of the second card. Maybe I should try it one more time to see if I can get it right. The patterned paper I used was leftover scraps from old projects and was no longer available. 

For each card, I heat embossed the image onto Bazzill cardstock using an off-white embossing powder with brown flecks in it and Versa Mark ink. I had to stamp the image twice to fill up the space across the card. No biggie since the Versa Mark stays wet for a long time. You have time to ink up your stamp again for the second impression. I didn't mask or remove the extra parts from the stamp because it looks more like a cluster to overlap the images. After the image was embossed I inked the edges with Ranger distress ink. 

The sentiment stamps for both cards are by Gina Marie Stamps in the Simple Sentiments Stamp set. You can find her store at Wholesalecraftingsupplies.com. I stamped the sentiments with Hero Arts ink.

Thanks for looking.



Here is the second card.




1 comment:

Jane Willis said...

I love these cards. The brown flecks in the EP are great, they give just the right subtly distressed look to the embossing.