Saturday, August 16, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2 Day 4 Marion

Taking a break from creating to bring you another new card using the Stretch Your Stamps 2 card class. I took a few things from Marion and made it a lot different. 

I started out with the chevron stamped background by Hero Arts by heat embossing it in white with Versa Mark ink, watercolor paper by Strathmore, and white Stamp N Plus embossing powder. Then I colored it with three colors but I ended up covering one of those colors because I couldn't make it work everything else I had. I colored the cardstock with powdered chalk mixed with paint both by Stamp N Plus and painted it on with a regular paint brush. I believe the top powdered chalk color is the what they call Flesh and the bottom is yellow color is Sunshine. To make the white embossing show up against the colored background I wiped it off with a wet cloth. That was my starting point to the card and then I layered and layered some more until I was happy with the results.

There's two patterned papers and they are both by Stampin Up. The yellow paper, not really cardstock, is by Color Aid. An artist friend of mine had to have them for art school but then once graduated and ready to move across the state she was trying to downsize and gave them to me. I love that there are so many colors. If you look around my blog you will see I use this paper a lot. Then there is the shimmer paper in the middle and I'm not sure of the manufacturer (it's old-I've been hoarding it for some time now) but the flower is by Stamping Scrapping and the gem in the center is by Forever in Time.

To finish my card I used Marion's suggestion of rounding the sentiments to follow the shape of my wood veneers by Maya Road. The stamps and black ink are by Hero Arts.

Thanks for looking. Keep coming back because I have more homework from the Stretch Your Stamps 2 class to share with you.